Friday, January 30, 2009

Deuce's Favorites

Boy o boy, y'all are in for a real treat with this one! I've been wanting to do this for a minute! Remember when CD burners & Napster dropped back in the day and for the first time you could make a mix CD with whatever songs you wanted?? It was the beginning of the playlist era when the listener really took control of what they wanted to listen to. I was in 9th grade at North Famington High School and at that time it was only a few people with high-speed Internet & CD burners. So those people were getting cake off of requests from people in the school to make them CDs. When I heard about "dude who you give your list of songs to & he'll make your CD for $5", I wrote out my list & made the transaction. When he came back the next day with it I was sooo amped to hear the joints I wanted, in the order all on CD! I called it: "Deuce's Favorites Vol.1" (written in blue Sharpe). So every few months or whenever I'd have around 16 songs written down (in this little black notebook I kept on my desk) that I felt were worthy of my ears, I'd get a CD made. Fast forward to 2009, I'm on Vol.64! The only thing that's changed today is the format as the new Deuce's Favorites are playlists in iTunes. I've always said that you can tell a lot about a person by what they listen to & I always wanted a way to let the masses share in DF in a NOW! (That's What I Call Music) type way. Well, with the help of imeem & this blog; I am proud to announce that I will be dropping the volumes starting from Vol.1 & including all future compilations. Maybe I'm too geeked about this?? Lol! Although, I'm not 100% sure that EVERY song is going to be able to be found on imeem so in that case I'll just list what's missing or upload it myself if it just can't go without. Below is Vol.64, I'll upload Vol.1 later tonight. Let me know what you all think! Love!


Missing:

Josiah Bell - Happy

Josiah Bell - Best of My Heart

SA-RA/Badu - Master Teazer (Ken's Revenge Version of "Master Teacher")

No comments:

Post a Comment