Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fav Dilla verse

The 2nd verse of this song might be my fav Dilla verse because I can relate to what he was saying soo much. During my early high school years I was on this whole Rawkus/Ecko tip coming right out of the No Limit/Ca$h Money era in middle school. Confused on what "real hip-hop" was. It was soo bad I sold my Juvi "400 Degreez" (dummy!). All of my life I have loved baller shit (cars, ice, boats, etc.), most due in part to my Dad. But I was fronting like I didn't like that anymore when I went thru that early high school phase but deep down inside it was still in me (I'm a Wright!). Anyway, to make a super long story short (I'll have to break it down in a video), I finally came full circle & learned to love whatever is dope to me (that's what makes one versatile in life & art is an imitation of life, hence how WrighTrax can work w/any type of artist). I hate when so called "real hip-hop heads" try to front like your not a "head" or dope cuz your chain is icey...NIGGA Please! Y'all kill me:


Makeem NV - J Dilla

No comments:

Post a Comment